Unfortunately, a desire to save money on safety frequently leads to unpleasant circumstances. Students have enough stress in their lives.
Worrying about the safety in their apartments or dorm rooms is negative emotions they can easily avoid.
Installation of security cameras in the apartment can relieve you of unnecessary anxiety.
Cameras broadcast directly on your smartphone no matter where you are.
Locks and iron doors don’t turn your apartment into an unassailable fortress.
Besides, it’s sometimes vital to know what happens in your room while you are not around.
If a security camera system sounds expensive to you, you will be surprised to know that there are options that cost not more than you pay for essays.
We prepared a list of the seven best security camera systems that will help you keep an eye on your apartment 24/7.
Therefore, students should be attentive not only in doing home tasks, as written on Essay Shark review but also watch their things in rooms.
We tried to find the best cameras that can satisfy any budget and needs.
But before we start, let’s figure out what type of camera do you need.
How to Choose a Security Camera System?
The type of security camera system depends on the goal of its usage in the apartment. Thus, it can be:
- with stored data.
This system can include only one camera for video surveillance in your apartment that you can use for protecting just one important strategic zone, your front door.
Using cloud Wi-Fi IP cameras is the perfect variant for apartments. They have a stylish design, high functionality, and relatively low price.
A front door is the most important and vulnerable zone in any flat.
Therefore, it’s vital to place a camera above or in front of the main entrance.
Cameras with a narrow-angle observation from 4 mm are ideal choices for this.
It allows getting quite a scalable picture with enough detailed elaboration of the visitor’s face.
This can be achieved if the camera has a resolution of at least 2 MPs and more.
In case your room is large, consider purchasing a wide-angle camera with 2.8 mm or 3.6 mm.
Windows and balconies are also weak points in every apartment located on the first, second, or last floor.
Thus, you should consider placing another camera facing an additional possible entrance.
While choosing an optimal camera for video surveillance in apartments, one should pay special attention to the technical features and functionality of the device.
The main features include:
- Video resolution. It’s a vital component of video surveillance that influences the quality of the video. Cameras with 2 – 3 MPs are the most preferable variants for apartments;
- Camera body and standards. These aspects have an impact on the protection of the camera itself. If the device is placed indoors, a plastic body is more than enough. In case you plan to install a camera outdoors, you must purchase a metallic body with dust and moisture protection;
- Infrared lighting. This characteristic feature allows recording video during the night. However, you should keep in mind, that videos taken at night are black-and-white;
- Several modes of video capture. This function helps to save space on the memory card of the camera. Moreover, it doesn’t record any unnecessary information. For example, a device can start filming only when a movement was detected;
- Additional guarding functions. This includes a hardware motion detector or an opportunity to connect other equipment such as alarm sensors to the camera. Besides, this functionality may include the rotating body of the camera that you can control remotely from your smartphone;
- Support of cloud storage services. It’s quite an important and widespread feature. It allows controlling a camera through a special application on your phone and storing videos on a remote server. This function does not only help to save and expand the archive but also to create backup copies in case a camera was damaged or stolen by an abuser.
Top-7 Security Cameras for College Student Apartments
This camera operates both indoors and outdoors and has a motion notification system that alerts you if anything happens.
The camera is equipped with a microphone and dynamic and can be connected to other ring alarms and ring cameras.
Ring Stick Up works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa. The device is available in wired, power over Ethernet, battery, and even solar options.
It is compatible both with Android and iOS devices.
A perfect camera at a ridiculous price! Kasa Spot works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
This wide-angled camera has a double-sided audio system and a night mode.
Thus, you can control what happens in your apartment no matter where you are.
You will receive instant notifications on your phone when the camera notices a motion or a sound.
This rotating ball offers a full panoramic record of the room. It automatically switches from day to night modes and vice versa.
Once Ezviz notices a motion, it will instantly send a notification on your smartphone with a real-time video.
It is compatible both with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
The camera supports a private mode which means that it won’t record anything while you are at home.
This little fellow has a 120° field of view and smart motion detection.
If SimpleSafe notices any suspicious activities, it will immediately notify you through the app.
This device is extremely easy to install and use. If you need it, you can record videos to the cloud storage.
Besides, the camera has an infrared cut off filter and works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa.
Google Nest Cam offers all the best features a security camera can have.
It controls everything and sends you notifications if anything happens. The smart face recognition function allows identifying a person in the room.
This wide-angled camera can record video with an 8x zoom in case you need to see something in detail.
Nest Cam has a double-sided audio system and lets you speak to anyone in the apartment while you are away.
This tiny device records 1080p HD videos and is weather-resistant.
Arlo allows full customization of alerts and even calling emergency services when accidents happen.
A night mode will let you know what happens while you are asleep and the 2-way audio simplifies communication with such services like Amazon Alexa, Arlo, Google Assistant, SmartThings.
Eufy has wall-mounting hardware and makes it even easier to attach it to the wall.
The night mode allows seeing in the dark like an owl. The camera works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant and has a 2-way audio system.
Eufy has a 365 days of battery life. The facial recognition technology helps to keep an eye on the right people.
You can set your preferences and get only those alerts that matter.